At St Mary’s C.E. Primary School we believe that:
All bullying is unacceptable irrespective of how it is delivered and what excuses are given to attempt to justify it.
- No one deserves to be a victim of bullying
- Everyone has the right to be treated with respect
- Victims of bullying are likely to have reduced self-worth and are more likely to experience health problems, poor school attendance and under-achievement
- Children who bully will be held to account for their wrong doing, but will need support to change their attitudes and behaviour; they will be treated in a supportive manner
- Bullying promotes poor models of behaviour for young people to imitate and thereby reduces the potential for all individuals to contribute positively
- Organisations that tolerate bullying are likely to be less effective
Therefore we believe that everyone in our community has a responsibility to respond promptly and effectively to all instances of bullying.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Luke 6:31)