Free School Meals
Apply for Free School Meals
You can get free school meals if you are responsible for a child (for example, you receive Child Benefit for them) who is still at school – including nursery children who attend full days and sixth form students – as long as you get one of these qualifying incomes:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit (provided your earned income is no more than £616.67 in the last Universal Credit assessment period)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you think you may be eligible, follow the link: https://www.stockport.gov.uk/start/free-school-meals-application-form
If you are eligible and you have applied, the Government provides school with additional funding to spend on your child. We use this money to help you pay for after school clubs, trips and visits, including the more expensive residential trips, as well as providing other additional resources to help your child on their learning journey.
Please follow the Pupil Premium Grant to see how we spend the additional money and what the impact on learning is.