At St Mary's our PSHE and RSE curriculum aims to provide children with the knowledge and skills to keep themselves happy, healthy and safe, as well as to prepare them for life and work. PSHE aims to give children the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy and independent lives. Navigating our complex world can be challenging, and we work with parents as partners to play a key role in preparing children for the future. Click here to download our RSE policy and here to view our equality information.
PSHE aims to equip pupils to:
- Take individual responsibility for and learn to support their physical and mental wellbeing.
- Understand the risks of drugs and alcohol and how to stay safe online.
- Develop resilience, independence and responsibility.
- Develop the personal and social skills required to succeed in commerce and industry.
- Identify misleading information and be critical of misleading news or views they might encounter.
We include all the content from the Relationships Education statutory document within our PSHE curriculum and aspects of Citizenship and also ensure we follow the Church of England Charter which can be downloaded here.
Below is a copy of our curriculum, which outlines the key knowledge and skills covered in each of our year groups from Reception to Y6.